Images of Excellence
NHH's Diagnostic Imaging (DI) Department continues to stand out as one of Canada's most technologically advanced for a community hospital of this size. Our state-of-the-art, fully digitalized Diagnostic Imaging suite offers the following services:
- Bone Mineral Densitometry
- Computed Tomography
- Mammography/Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP)
- Magnetic Resonance (MR) Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine
- Radiography (X-ray)
Digital images produced throughout the DI Department are stored, retrieved, distributed and viewed electronically, eliminating the need for film hard copies. A digital Diagnostics Department shortens the time span in which diagnoses can be made and translates into earlier detection of illness and faster service for patients. From a green point of view, digital imaging eases the environmental burden previously produced by the film-based system.
A physician's referral is required for all examinations performed in the Diagnostic Imaging Department, with the exception of mammograms performed through the OBSP. For more information on the OBSP, please click here.
For General Bookings (X-ray, Ultrasound, Bone Mineral Densitometry, Gastrointestinal, and Interventional Radiography/Fluoroscopy):
For CT Bookings:
For Mammography/OBSP Bookings:
For MR Bookings (please see Evening/Weekend Appointments below for important information on access after 8:00 PM):
For Nuclear Medicine
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Requisition - If the referring physician has given you a requisition, you MUST bring it with you the day of your appointment. Failure to do so will require your appointment to be rescheduled. NOTE: For self-referring OBSP patients, no requisition is required.
- A valid Ontario Health Card
- Copies of relevant previous exams (films or CDs) from other facilities, if available
If you think you may be pregnant, please inform the technologist prior to the examination.
MR bookings may be scheduled during the evening or on weekends. The front entrance to the hospital is locked nightly (7 days a week) at 8:00 PM. Patients booked for an MR after 8:00 PM are required to enter the hospital through the Emergency Department entrance and proceed to the MR waiting room on the first floor. Admitting staff in the Emergency Department will assist with directions as required.