Patient and Family Advisory Council
Northumberland Hills Hospital’s Patient and Family Advisory Council was formed in December 2016 following a public call for interest. Now in its third year, the Council's work has expanded steadily. Now active in three ways (as equal partners on all of NHH's core Quality and Practice Committees, on departmental assignments, and on special projects that are both corporate and PFAC-driven) the PFAC--guided by a co-designed vision and purpose--is a key part of decision making throughout the hospital, working to continuously improve the experience of individuals who receive care at NHH, and their families.
"To influence and be a part of decision making throughout Northumberland HIlls Hospital (NHH), in a manner that reflects NHH's core values of integrity, quality, respect, compassion and teamwork, for the purpose of continuously improving the experience of individuals who receive care at NHH and their families."
"To integrate patient and/or family perspectives into NHH decision making through Patient and Family Advisor representation on selected quality and practice committees as well as ad hoc program and issue-specific opportunities across the organization, learning together as we go and adjusting our approach as required."
Patient and Family Advisory Council Members
- Ronda Moran, Brighton - Mental Health Quality and Practice Committee
- Katie Conti, Cobourg - Maternal/Child Program/Baby Friendly Initiative
- David Harnden, Grafton - Post Acute Specialty Services Quality and Practice Committee
- Peter Hoisak, Hamilton Township - Human Resources
- Irene Kavanagh, Cobourg - Emergency Department Quality and Practice Committee
- VACANT - Medicine Quality and Practice Committee
- William Prawecki, Cobourg - Cancer and Support Care Quality and Practice Committee
- VACANT - Intensive Care Quality and Practice Committee
- Lisa van der Vinne, Surgical Services Quality and Practice Committee
- Jennifer Gillard, Senior Director, Public Affairs and Strategic Partnerships (Co-Facilitator, NHH)
- Krista MacMurdo, Director, Quality and Decision Support (Co-Facilitator, NHH)
Terms of Reference and Role Description
Expressions of Interest
PFAC volunteers currently serve for a minimum of one and maximum of three years. Expressions of Interest to join the PFAC are welcomed at any time, with intake of new Advisors occurring as opportunities become available. Please review the information below, and contact our Public Affairs office directly at 905-377-7757 if you have further questions.