Worried about symptoms that could be COVID-19? There’s a primary care provider in the NHH COVID-19 Assessment Centre who can help
NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY, Friday, February 12, 2021 – Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- fever (feeling hot to the touch, a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius or higher)
- cough that's new or worsening (continuous, more than usual)
- barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing (croup)
- shortness of breath (out of breath, unable to breathe deeply)
- sore throat
- difficulty swallowing
- runny, stuffy or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions)
- lost sense of taste or smell
- pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- headache that’s unusual or long lasting
- digestive issues (nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain)
- muscle aches
- extreme tiredness that is unusual (fatigue, lack of energy)
- falling down often
- for young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite (NOTE: Emergency Department care should be sought for infants in situations where sluggishness is the primary concern)
If you (or members of your household) have concerns about any of these symptoms, consider scheduling an appointment to be assessed, treated and tested by a primary care provider at the NHH COVID-19 Assessment Centre (CAC).
A local primary care provider (family physician or nurse practitioner) is available daily at the NHH CAC to assess and treat these symptoms, in addition to collecting specimens for COVID-19 testing, thanks to a collaboration coordinated through the Ontario Health Team of Northumberland. Any care provided by the family physician or nurse practitioner at the NHH CAC, including COVID-19 or other test results, will be shared with your primary care provider.
The NHH CAC’s primary care provider option is specially designed to help you and your family by:
- improving access to care for symptomatic patients with rapid assessment, diagnosis and treatment of symptoms that may or may not be related to COVID-19 (this includes but is not limited to COVID-19 testing); and
- providing care to those with symptoms that may or may not be due to COVID-19 in a safe, dedicated space outside of the hospital and local primary care providers’ offices where other potentially vulnerable patients are receiving care.
NHH’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is open to serve you seven days/week, from 8AM to 4PM. Please call us to schedule an appointment: 905-377-7783. We are currently booking appointments within 24- to 48-hours of request.
For details on other COVID-19 testing options available in Northumberland through the Ontario Health Team of Northumberland see the OHT-N website, www.ohtnorthumberland.ca