Citizens' Advisory Panel Terms of Reference
To provide advice to the NHH Board of Directors in their development of a contingency plan to bring the Hospital’s operating budget into a balanced position through service changes, in the event the Hospital is unable to balance through other means such as operating efficiencies and/or other revenues.
- Develop a Decision Making Framework for Service Prioritization (“Framework”). The Framework will guide the decision making process by identifying principles, values and considerations that should be applied when prioritizing Hospital services that are provided to the community.
- Apply the Framework in determining which services are “core” and “non-core” for purposes of providing strategic direction to the Hospital.
- Apply the Framework to develop contingency plan models / scenarios.
- Consider how new services may be introduced in the Hospital in the context of the Framework and contingency plan
- Provide advice on potential service integration strategies for Hospital services with other health service providers.
- Provide a formal report to the Board of Directors outlining the Panel’s advice and recommendations.
- One member of the NHH Board of Directors will act as the Moderator.
- Twenty-eight (28) members of the west Northumberland County community that have been selected using a civic lottery. The Panel shall have an equal number of men and women, and is balanced for age and geography. At least fifty percent (50%) shall have been a patient at NHH in the recent past (or have had an immediate member of their family as a patient).
The Panel shall be supported by members of the Hospital’s senior executive team as required throughout the process.
Frequency of Meetings
The term of Citizens’ Advisory Panel shall be completed by January 31, 2010. Expected dates of meetings are as follows:
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
The Citizens’ Advisory Panel shall report to the Board of Directors through the Moderator.