Parking is available at Northumberland Hills Hospital for a variable rate, payable by cash or credit card. Net revenue from visitor/patient parking supports local patient care.
NHH's hourly rates for visitor/patient parking in both the main (front) and Emergency Department lots are provided below. Also provided are details on discount pass options. Discount passes offer a considerable discount to the daily rate, and may be purchased weekdays from the NHH Finance office in either 5-day, 10-day or monthly pass options (details below).
Daily variable parking rates in NHH visitor lots (main, Emergency Department)
- $3.00 - 0 to 1/2 hour
- $4.00 - 1/2 hour to 1 hour
- $5.00 - 1 hour to 2 hours
- $6.00 - 2 hours to 3 hours
- $8.00 - 3 hours to 4 hours
- $9.00 - > 4 hours
In/out privileges are available for those who pay the maximum daily rate ($9.00), effective September 30th, 2016. Visitors who wish to opt for in/out privileges on a daily (24-hour) basis must--upon purchase of the maximum daily rate option at the pay stations for either the main visitor or Emergency Department lots--follow these steps to obtain the 24-hour ticket.
- Insert parking ticket received upon entry to the parking lot into the pay station (pay stations are located inside the hospital, in both the main entrance and the Emergency Department).
- Push the Lost Ticket button on the pay station.
- Push the Re-Load Card Advance Payment botton on pay station.
- Pay the daily maximum fee ($9.00).
- Take the new ticket provided, which permits in/out parking privileges for the next 24 hours.
- Upon exiting or re-entering the NHH parking lots, insert this ticket into the parking gate station and retrieve the ticket for multiple uses.
It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to retain this ticket for additional use within the 24-hour timeframe. In the event of a lost daily rate ticket, payment of the daily maximum rate is required. Due to limitations of NHH's current parking payment system, visitors who purchase daily variable rate parking for less than 4 hours will NOT have the in/out privilege option.
Parking fees collected at NHH support patient care. Subsidized parking cards for frequent patients or visitors are available upon request. To obtain a parking card, visit the Finance Office on the second floor of the hospital, Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Discount pass options
Patients or visitors who require recurring visits may purchase or renew a frequent user discount parking pass for consecutive 5-day, 10-day and monthly discount options. Discount passes must be purchased weekdays, from the hospital's Finance Office. Rates are as follows:
- 5-day pass: $22.50
- 10-day pass: $45.00
- Monthly pass: $57.00 per month, for maximum of 30 days duration
All passes must be pre-paid in advance and require a $10.00 one-time deposit for the card, refundable upon return. All three NHH visitor/patient discount pass options include the in/out privilege and are effective for the 5, 10 or 30 consecutive days for which they are purchased.
For further information on parking at NHH, please click here to see the Visitor and Patient Parking Policy.