Created in 2003, the purpose of the Health Professions Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to community students studying to be health care professionals. It is hoped that the students who receive the hospital's assistance will seriously consider a career at NHH in the future.
Any community student enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a full-time health profession or allied health profession program at an accredited university or community college within Canada is eligible. Academic as well as extra-curricular activities are considered and priority will be given to candidates pursuing graduate, junior- and senior-level studies in the following categories.
Priority Health Career Categories:
- Nursing: RPN, BSN, and MSH degrees
- Pharmacy: Bsc, Pharm and Pharm D.
- Dietetics: BSc
- Nurse Midwife
- Physical Therapy: Graduate and Undergraduate
- Occupational Therapy: Graduate and Undergraduate
- Radiologic Technology: Mammography, C.T. and M.R.I.
- Respiratory Therapist
- Health Records Administration
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Nuclear Medicine
- Speech Language Pathologist
How to Apply:
- Complete and sign the Health Professions Scholarship Program Application Form (see below).
- Attach a cover letter outlining the stage you are at in your academic pursuits, and your professional goals.
- Attach two letters of reference.
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS - NEW - DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR 2022! Submit all of the above no later than 4PM on Tuesday, March 15th, 2022.
Obtaining and Submitting an Application Form
Application forms are available from local school Guidance departments or the Human Resources Department at the Northumberland Hills Hospital. To download a copy of the application form, click on the link below. Email, mail or FAX the completed form and supporting documents described above to:
Northumberland Hills Hospital
Health Professions Scholarship Program
1000 DePalma Drive
FAX: (905) 373 6958 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org