Nurses: Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (part-time)
|Posted||Monday, December 2nd, 2019 at 11:00am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (part-time, no rotation)|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The successful incumbent will meet the requirements of the position description for Registered Nurse emergency/ICU and act as a team member with specific responsibility for performance of professional nursing care to a patient or group of patients as assigned.
- Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Possess current BCLS and ACLS
- Critical Care certificate (or with a commitment to complete in 18 months)
- Previous experience in critical care, 2 years preferred
- NRP and Coronary Care preferred or willing to obtain within 6 months
- minium 2 years Medical surgical expereience required
- Demonstrated ability to interpret cardia rhythm strips (tested)
- Demonstrated knowledge of ACLS drugs (tested)
- Demonstrated ability to use crisis prevention intervention
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and experience dealing with the general public
- Experience in working as part of a interprofessional team
- Critical thinking skill set (tested)
- Computer skills an asset
- Follows safe and healthy work practices and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established mechanisms for injuries and hazards and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to work in an active, rapidly changing, stressful environment with multiple demands
- Ability to make decisions and prioritize effectively
- Ability to focus on complex instructions and tasks in an environment with many distractions
- Intense visual concentration required for processing doctor’s orders, carrying out medication administration routines and interpreting electronic physiological monitoring equipment
- Physical ability to lift, pull, push, carry, reach and physically support patients with assistance, as required
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time with repetitive bending.
Applicants are invited to forward their resume using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.