Nurses: Nurse Practitioner ( Temporary Part-Time)
|Posted||Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 at 12:52pm|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
POSITION: TEMPORARY PART-TIME NURSE PRACTITIONER
DEPARTMENT: Emergency Department
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Reporting directly to the Director of Clinical Practice Transformation, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse in the extended class who holds a Master’s degree in Nursing with expertise in one or more clinical nursing specialties. In keeping with Northumberland Hills Hospital’s mission, vision, and values, the NP is responsible for working together with the interprofessional team toward development, implementation, and evaluation of patient plans of care, and uses advanced knowledge, skill, and judgment in providing care and solutions for complex health-care issues for a specified patient population.
The NP utilizes a holistic approach that is grounded in evidence with an emphasis on health promotion and illness/injury prevention. The role includes direct comprehensive patient care including advanced assessment, diagnosing, prescribing, ordering, and interpreting lab, radiology, and ultrasound tests as per defined regulations and legislated scope of practice.
In addition to direct clinical care, the NP plays a leading role in the development and implementation of applicable clinical guidelines and protocols, promotes the use of research and evidence based practice, provides expert support and consultation, and facilitates system change. The NP is committed to lifelong learning and is committed to promoting, leading, and contributing to the lifelong learning of others.
This position has a primary focus within the Emergency department (CTAS 3-5), with additional responsibilities to cross-cover other areas of the hospital including Acute Med/Surg and Post-Acute Services as and when required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing required
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class; NP adult preferred, or a combination of Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate and previous relevant hospital experience
- Applicable specialty certification preferred
- Emergency experience preferred
- Experience in geriatrics an asset
- Member of relevant professional and specialty organizations (e.g. RNAO/NPAO, ENAO) preferred
- Current BLS certificate required
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Northumberland Hospital core values
- Ability to be self-directed
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Excellent assessment, planning, organizational, problem solving, communication, teaching, time management and evaluation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with patients, families, and all members of the interprofessional team
- Accomplished change agent
- Enhanced patient-centered care practices
- Teaching experience in classroom and clinical settings.
Physical Effort And Working Conditions
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Able to work in an active, rapidly changing environment with multiple demands
- Demonstrates understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures, to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Hours of work to be determined.
- Position includes weekends and cross-coverage in additional hospital programs as needed.
Applicants are invited to forward their resume using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.