Other Opportunities: Rehabilitation Assistant (Part-Time)
|Posted||Tuesday, August 16th, 2022 at 9:05am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Rehabilitation Assistant (Part-Time)|
|Pay||as per the CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Application Deadline||Tuesday, August 30th, 2022 at 12:00am|
Patient Care Manager, Post-Acute Specialty Services
VALUES AND COMMITMENT
At Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH), our core values of Integrity, Quality, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork are at the centre of who we are and what we do. We remain committed to sustaining an experienced workforce that reflects Northumberland Hills Hospital’s dedication to recognising everyone’s contributions and respecting everyone’s dignity, unique experience, and potential.
EQUITY AND ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Northumberland Hills Hospital remains respectful of all protected rights, in line with the grounds laid out by the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we welcome applications from all qualified applicants and interests from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous People of North America, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
We strive to make our entire hiring process as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants if needed. For any hiring related accommodation needs and/or requests please email us via email@example.com
Located approximately 100 kilometres east of Toronto, NHH is a vibrant community hospital delivering a broad range of acute, post-acute, outpatient and diagnostic services. Directly serving a growing population of more than 60,000 residents spread across a mix of urban and rural settings, NHH directly employs approximately 750 people and relies on the additional support provided by a highly engaged and supportive network of physicians, midwives and volunteers.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Rehabilitation Assistant is responsible for working collaboratively within an Interprofessional team and in keeping with the Northumberland Hills Hospital’s mission, vision, and values to provide recreational activities in the treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with specific health conditions.
The Rehabilitation Assistant utilizes the principles, practices, and professional standards of care
to provide direct patient care to individuals and groups under the guidance of a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist to meet the needs of the patient and to maintain and optimize independent functioning. Administrative duties are carried out as required.
- Physiotherapy Assistant (P.T.A.) / Occupational Therapy Assistant (O.T.A.) Certification from a fully accredited Community College
- Minimum of one year experience as a Rehabilitation Assistant
- Ability to lift patients alone and with assistance.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time with repetitive bending.
- Ability to focus on complex instructions and tasks in an active, rapidly changing environment.
- Repetitive arm and shoulder movements.
- Ability to initiate leadership skills, able to communicate well with patients, families, staff and volunteers.
- Recognized competency in exercise and fitness. Recognized certification and levels of proficiency
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Above average manual dexterity and motor co-ordination; able to lift up to 25 lbs; able to push food carts
- Walking and standing for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work in a hot and humid environment
- Follows safe and healthy work practices and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established reporting mechanisms for injuries, illness and hazards and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures
Successful applicants are required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal reference check, that was complete less than one year from the date of hire. This requirement must be met within the first sixty (60) days of employment.
Additionally to the above, successful applicants are also required to complete the Health Care Worker Health review process which includes providing an up-to-date immunization record to ensure compliance with the Ontario Hospital Association Communicable Diseases Surveillance Protocols within the first thirty (30) days of employment. Northumberland Hills Hospital operates a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all staff.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, Northumberland Hills Hospital may choose to conduct parts/all the hiring process virtually. The successful incumbent should expect the role to be in person. Furthermore, we are a scent-free environment. When attending the hospital kindly refrain from wearing strongly scented fragrances. While we thank all those that express interest in this exciting position; kindly note that due to high volumes of interests, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.