Nurses: Pandemic Support Worker (Screeners)
|Posted||Friday, July 31st, 2020 at 1:41pm|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Pandemic Support Worker (Screeners)|
|Application Deadline||Wednesday, August 5th, 2020 at 12:00am|
The Pandemic Support Worker (Screener) provides support to the operational needs of the Hospital during the declared pandemic situation. The Pandemic Support Workers will have a high degree of interaction with staff, visitors and patients coming to NHH, therefore, applicants must demonstrate considerable professionalism, judgment and sensitivity.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
Screen patients, staff & visitors at hospital entrances using appropriate screening tools
Provide assistance and information to visitors and patients upon arrival to the hospital
Comply with Infection prevention and control principles including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
Ensure that all persons entering the facility follow proper precautionary measures and wear the correct protective apparel as required
- Demonstrated strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact well with all levels of staff and the community
- Sound ability to problem solve and make decisions as needed
- Good attendance and reliability
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands at a time
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with team members
- Preference will be given to Nursing students or new grads of a University/College health care related program
- Previous hospital experience is preferred
Successful applicants must be willing to wear protective apparel (mask, gloves and gowns) as required.
Hours of Work
Must be available to work days, evenings, nights, on both weekdays and weekends. Shifts and hours will
vary depending on operational needs.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume by August 5, 2020 via the careers portal.
Applicants are invited to forward their resume by Wednesday, August 5th, 2020 using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.