Other Opportunities: Patient Care Manager, Intensive Care, Respiratory Therapy
|Posted||Tuesday, May 12th, 2020 at 9:24am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Patient Care Manager, Intensive Care, Respiratory Therapy|
|Department||Intensive Care, Respiratory Therapy|
|Application Deadline||Monday, May 25th, 2020 at 12:00am|
Reporting to the Vice President Patient Services and Chief Nurse Executive, the Patient Care Manager is responsible for the overall day to day management of the Critical Care Services in keeping with Northumberland Hills Hospital’s mission, vision, values and strategic direction.
The Patient Care Manager provides visible clinical leadership and demonstrates responsibility, accountability and commitment to the development of a work environment that exemplifies interprofessional and ethical practice; professional autonomous decision making; empowerment; integrative thinking; appreciative inquiry; a shared governance philosophy; and positive recognition through the support of professional development and continuing education opportunities.
The Patient Care Manager accomplishes this by modeling transformational leadership practices, and by developing, implementing and evaluating efficient and effective: patient care unit and patient care systems/processes; interprofessional practice/care/collaboration and ethical practices; and continuing education/staff development opportunities with the goal of creating a safe patient care, and workplace environment.
As an integral part of this role, the Patient Care Manager works collaboratively with the patient care manager of the Emergency Department and all members of the interprofessional health care team, Director Quality and Safety, and all other patient care units and departments throughout NHH to ensure the operational efficiency of the unit, ultimately allowing the unit to provide ‘Exceptional patient care. Every time’.
• Registered Nurse (RN) with baccalaureate degree and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario or a regulated health care professional with relevant clinical experience
• Master’s level in Business or Health Administration or actively pursuing preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years recent formal leadership experience in a relevant clinical area
• Completion of OHA management courses or equivalent would be an asset.
• Advanced nursing knowledge in related clinical specialty and current trends in nursing and health care.
• Advanced knowledge related to: interprofessional and ethical practice; principles of adult education and teaching/learning principles; health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
• Commitment to creating a positive patient/caregiver experience.
• Demonstrated transformational leadership style.
• Ability to effectively guide, direct and assist staff to continuously improve performance.
• Evidence of effective communication and conflict resolution skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with all stakeholders promoting collective problem solving approaches.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong orientation to staff development and staff empowerment.
• Proven leadership skills including strong financial, human resource, labor relations, quality management, change management, and utilization management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-directed.
• Demonstrates a professional and respectful attitude to patients, public, volunteers and colleagues and fosters good public relations and effective working relationships.
• Ability to respond to a large number of simultaneous/competing demands from patients, families, staff, physicians, and other programs and departments.
• Proficient with computer databases, spreadsheets, MS Office and internet searches.
• Demonstrated compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Infection Prevention and Control practices.
• Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
Applicants wishing to apply for the above position, should forward their resume by May 25, 2020 through this website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are invited to forward their resume by Monday, May 25th, 2020 using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.