Other Opportunities: Fourth Class Stationary Engineer
|Posted||Monday, May 11th, 2020 at 11:26am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Fourth Class Stationary Engineer|
|Pay||as per the CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Application Deadline||Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 at 12:00am|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Director of Plant Maintenance & Redevelopment, the 4th class Operating Engineer operates and maintains boilers and related mechanical equipment. As a fourth class engineer, you will be respobsible for most repairs to boilers and physical plant equipment, as well as preventative maintenance on facility equipment.
- Must be licensed and hold a 4th Class Operating Engineer idesignation in the Province of Ontario
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to maintain all building systems including mechanical, electrical and building automation (BAS)
- Must have a thorough understanding of all HVAC services and all facets of the hospital maintenance program
- Applicants must have demonstrated excellent mechanical aptitude and have the ability to troubleshoot and prioritize steps to resolve and repair issues
- Must have working knowledge of WHMIS legislation and Ontario Fire, Building and Electrical codes
- Time management and organizational skills are required
- 3-5 years esperience working in a hospital environment is preferred.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May involve two to five hours of heavy exertion (constant standing and/or walking) per shift.
- Must have physical ability to lift, pull, push, and carry; weight range up to 60 lbs.
- Visual and listening concentration required.
- Exposure to noise, dirt, oil, chemical odours, heat, cold, and electrical dangers.
- May be required to drive a vehicle during work hours.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and work independently and show self-initiative
- Ability to work required weekends and to work on call is required
- Applicants must have proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
- Follows safe and healthy work practices and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established reporting mechanisms for injuries, illness and hazards and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures
Applicants must have a valdid dirver's licence, live locally and must be able to provide on-call service within a 20 minute reponse time.
Interested applicants are invited to foward their resume using the website or by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are invited to forward their resume by Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.