Other Opportunities: Registered Pharmacy Technician (Temporary Part-time)
|Posted||Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 at 1:20pm|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Registered Pharamcy Technician (Casual)|
|Pay||as per the OPSEU collective agreement|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Pharmacy, as part of a multidisciplinary team, the Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for duties as outlined below.
- Dispensing of in-patient medications, including refill prescriptions and outpatient prescriptions
- Maintaining established prescription levels, including narcotics and controlled substances
- Replacing night cupboard medications as required on a daily basis
- Compounding and packaging of sterile and non-sterile medications including bio-hazardous agents in acceptance of manufacturing practice and WHMIS guidelines
- Conducting continuous improvement audits as designated, including expiration date and monitoring and medication area inspections
- Assisting in maintaining records of purchase, issue and returns in accordance with hospital and legal requirement
- Performing computerized profiling and auditing tasks as trained
- Performing miscellaneous projects, filing and clerical duties as assigned
- A diploma indicating completion of a community college Pharmacy Technician program, or equivalent.
- Registration with the OCP as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Recent hospital pharmacy or comparable applicable work experience
- Familiarity with pharmacy and medical terminology, aseptic techniques, manufacturing and labeling standards of practice, pharmacy mathematics.
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Basic typing and computer skills
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume.
Applicants are invited to forward their resume using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.