Other Opportunities: Homeless Liaison Case Manager (Temporary Part-time)
|Posted||Thursday, October 24th, 2019 at 3:51pm|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Homeless Liaison Case Manager (Temporary Part-time)|
|Department||NHH Community Mental Health Services|
|Pay||as per the OPSEU collective agreement|
|Application Deadline||Friday, November 8th, 2019 at 12:00am|
Reporting to the Director/Clinical Manager of Mental Health, the Homeless Liaison Case Manager provides ongoing mental health support to individuals living with serious mental illness that are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless and/or precariously housed. The Homeless Liaison Case Manager carries out the duties as a member of a multi-disciplinary team working closely with the shelter system to provide individualized and group support. This position will be outreach based in the shelters and partnering social service agencies throughout Northumberland County. This position is not permanently funded and is reviewed and evaluated yearly based on target outcomes.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
• Participates in the assessment process with the client, developing an individualized housing support plan with identified strategies to reach goals within a realistic time frame.
• Assists the client in achieving their goals by utilizing all members of their support system or community partners, as necessary.
• Provides case management services that will assist the client in finding housing and maintaining tenancy; this includes but is not limited to: crisis supports and intervention, symptom management, advocacy, linkage with appropriate mental health services, social services and additional/appropriate cross-sectoral supports, links with the Emergency Department when necessary/appropriate for client need, provides psycho-social education regarding mental wellness and recovery.
• Works collaboratively with other appropriate community resources.
• Participates as a member of the HCRT Committee (where scheduled hours permit)
• Administers the SPDAT and VI-SPDAT to assess prioritization
• Possesses knowledge of the relevant legislation, including but not limited to, the Mental Health Act, Developmental Services Act and Residential Tenancies Act.
• Assists clients in identifying and advocating for their civic and legal rights
• Ensures that all support and interventions for clients respect their rights and are in accordance with legislation and Northumberland Hills Hospital and Community Mental Health Service policies and procedures.
• Ensures client’s concerns are addressed promptly and professionally, liaising with the shelter system, housing team and Director, as appropriate.
• Maintains client files including documentation of interventions and client progress based upon the rehabilitation plan. Includes any statistical and client related electronic documentation.
• Current registration with the College of Social Work and Social Service Workers of Ontario (preferred)
• Bachelors in Social Work (BSW) or related fields (preferred)
• Recent work experience in Mental Health, preferably in a community setting
• Experience working with Homeless Individuals and with individuals with Concurrent Disorders
• Demonstrated ability in working effectively in a multidisciplinary setting
• Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principals
• Demonstrates high level of skills and ability to negotiate and communicate with clients, their families other service providers and members of the community
• Working knowledge of Mental Health Reform, Mental Health Act, privacy legislation
• Successful completion of a criminal reference review
• Valid driver’s license and insurance; clear driving abstract.
Application Deadline: November 8, 2019
Applicants are invited to forward their resume by Friday, November 8th, 2019 using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.