Other Opportunities: Clinical Operations Manager (Part-time Leadership opportunity)
|Posted||Thursday, October 24th, 2019 at 2:59pm|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Clinical Operations Manager (Part-time Leadership opportunity)|
|Application Deadline||Monday, December 30th, 2019 at 12:00am|
Clinical Operations Manager (Part-time leadership opportunity)
Reporting to the Program Director, the Clinical Operations Manager is accountable for providing hospital wide leadership, guidance, direction and mentorship ensuring efficient patient flow, utilization of all health human and material resources while ensuring safe patient care and a quality work environment in keeping with Northumberland Hills Hospital’s mission, vision, values and strategic direction.
Leadership and Patient/Staff Advocate and Support
- Build relationships and trust with the individuals and teams
- Create an empowering work environment for all members of the health care team that supports knowledge development and integration and assists in sustaining change,
- Provide clinical advice and consultation to all health care professionals regarding clinical and professional practice issues as appropriate.
- Facilitate, support, and coach staff with problem solving as it relates to issues concerning staffing, patient care, family issues and complaints, etc.
- Assist staff with difficult and unusual situations that may put staff/patients at risk for injury/error; support staff in crisis situations; provide debriefing opportunities as the need arises.
- Identify and support organizational wide and program specific quality initiatives that emerge from trends, issues and challenges requiring change in practice patterns or processes
People and Human Resource Management
- Coach, mentor, support, and facilitate the creation and maintenance of an environment that fosters creativity, and professional judgment
- Work with Professional Practice Leaders to ensure that staff meet professional standards, and support ongoing professional learning and development
- Nurture effective inter-professional relationships at all levels
- Encourage individuals to realize performance of scope of practice
- Create an environment which empowers individuals to take ownership and responsibility for their actions, promote staff initiative and nurture high morale
- Ensure effective performance reviews for all staff
- Utilize effective leadership strategies in the coaching, performance management, selection and retention for all members of the inter-professional team
- Support staff in utilizing critical thinking skills in resolving clinical issues
- Support and utilize effective attendance management procedures
- Responsible for the day-to-day staffing needs of all professionals to ensure effective 24x7 coverage inlcuding evening and weekend coverage
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing;
- Master’s level in Nursing, Business or Health Administration or actively pursuing an asset;
- Registered and in good standing with the CNO;
- Recent acute care hospital clinical experience within the last five years
- A minimum of 3-5 years recent management/leadership experience in an acute care setting; Proven experience and understanding of effective and efficient access and patient flow management and clinical utilization process;
- Evidence of effective communication and conflict resolution skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with all stakeholders promoting collective problem solving approaches;
- Demonstrated commitment to interprofessional practice standards;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong orientation to staff development and staff empowerment;
- Proven leadership/management skills including strong human resource, labour relations, quality management, change management and utilization management skills;
- Proficient with computer databases, spreadsheets, MS Office and internet searches; Demonstrated compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Infection Prevention and Control practices.
Applicants wishing to apply for the above position, should forward their resume by
November 15, 2019 to:
Northumberland Hills Hospital
1000 DePalma Dr. Cobourg, ON K9A 5W6
Attn: Human Resources
Email: email@example.com Fax: (905)373-6958
Applicants are invited to forward their resume by Monday, December 30th, 2019 using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.