Physician Specialists: Emergency Physicians
|Posted||Thursday, June 1st, 2017 at 9:00am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
TITLE OF POSITION:
(One) FULL-TIME EMERGENCY ROOM PHYSICIANS
The Northumberland Hills Hospital is currently seeking a Permanent Emergency Room Physician to enhance 24/7 department operating sustainability.
The NHH Emergency Department is committed to providing high quality compassionate care through its "Patients First" philosophy. The ED, the entry point for the majority of the clinical programs offered at the hospital and within the community, triage and treat approximately 36,000 patients per year.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Licensed with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (or eligibility for licensure in the Province of Ontario)
- CCFP(EM), FRCP(EM), ABEM Certification or CCFP with extensive emergency medicine experience Must hold current ACLS, ATLS and PALS Certification
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with all department / team disciplines
- Evidence of continued medical education commitment in related field
- Demonstrated ability to integrate current evidence and best practice into the delivery of quality care
- Full-spectrum of high acuity clinical medicine, trauma and cardiac care skill set required.
- Must possess strong critical thinking abilities
- NHH is affiliated with Queen’s University and is an educational site for the CCFP (EM) residents and the Queen’s CCFP Department of Family Medicine Residency Program. The preferred candidates would be expected to participate in teaching postgraduate medical trainees.
Preferred candidates will have an extensive emergency medicine background (as detailed above); teaching experience at the post-graduate trainee level also preferred.
BENEFITS PACKAGE BEING OFFERED:
Our organization does offer a competitive incentive package to assist with moving/relocation including a non-repayable and interest free loan for an agreed upon term of return of service contract.
LOCATION OF WORK:
1000 DePalma Drive, Cobourg Ontario
Dr. Mukesh Bhargava, Chief of Staff
c/o Maureen Canfield, Executive Assistant
Patient and Medical Services
Northumberland Hills Hospital
1000 DePalma Drive
Cobourg ON Canada
Telephone: 905.372.6811 Ext. 4002
Applicants are invited to forward their resume using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.