Nurses: Registered Nurses, Medsurg - part-time (no rotation)
|Posted||Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 at 9:00am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Registered Nurses, Medsurg - part-time (no rotation)|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The successful incumbent will meet the requirements of the position description for “Registered Nurse” and act as a team member with specific responsibility for performance of professional nursing care to a patient or group of patients as assigned and according to the standards of the College of Nurses.
- Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Possess B.C.L.S
- Successful completion of Coronary Care One course
- Competency to perform added nursing skills as required
- Preference will be given to applicants with 2 or more years of medical/surgical experience
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to work in an active, rapidly changing, stressful environment with multiple demands
- Ability to make decisions and prioritize effectively
- Ability to focus on complex instructions and tasks in an environment with many distractions
- Ability to function as a team member and maintain good interpersonal relations while performing duties
- Physical ability to lift, pull, push, carry, reach and physically support patients with assistance, as required
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time with repetitive bending.
- Follows safe and healthy work practices and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, training in Smart Moves program, use of established reporting mechanisms for injuries, illness and hazards and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures
Applicants are invited to forward their resume using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.