Nurses: Part-time Registered Nurse - Inpatient Rehabilitation
|Posted||Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 at 11:00am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Part-time Registered Nurse - Inpatient Rehabilitation|
The successful incumbent will meet the requirements of the position description for “Registered Nurse” and act as a team member with specific responsibility for performance of professional nursing care to a patient or group of patients as assigned and according to the standards of the College of Nurses.
- Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certificate in Rehabilitation Nursing from a fully accredited Community College
- B.C.L.S. required
- Demonstrated excellent organization and problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively with patients and families in emotionally intense situations
- Able to function independently in a consultative role
- Experience in working as part of a Multidisciplinary Team
- Critical thinking ability
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to work in an active, rapidly changing, stressful environment with multiple demands
- Ability to make decisions and prioritize effectively
- Ability to focus on complex instructions and tasks in an environment with many distractions
- Intense visual concentration required for processing doctor’s orders, carrying out medication administration routines and interpreting electronic physiological monitoring equipment
- Physical ability to lift, pull, push, carry, reach and physically support patients with assistance as required
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time with repetitive bending.
- Follows safe and healthy work practices and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established reporting mechanisms for injuries, illness and hazards and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures
Applicants are invited to forward their resume using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.