Nurses: RPNs (part-time, no rotation) - Post Acute Care
|Posted||Thursday, February 13th, 2020 at 2:10pm|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||RPN, (part-time, no rotation) - Post Acute Care|
|Department||Post Acute Care|
|Term||part-time (no rotation)|
|Pay||as per the CUPE collective agreement|
Reporting to the Program Manager, as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, the RPN uses the nursing process to provide care to a patient or group of patients as assigned.
Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current B.C.L.S. certification
- Able to perform added nursing skills as required
- Previous experience in a medical/surgical unit an asset
- Knowledge of GPA and/or P.I.E.C.E.S. would be a asset
- Ability to prioritize workload and mutiltask
- Ability to communicate effectively with the interprofessional team as well with patients and their families
- Follows safe and healthy work practices and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established reporting mechanisms for injuries, illness and hazards and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical ability to lift, pull, push, carry, reach and physically support patients.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time with repetitive bending.
- Ability to focus on complex instructions and tasks in an active, rapidly changing environment.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills, including listening.
- Able to function as a team member and maintain good interpersonal relations while performing duties.
Applicants need to be available to work 2-3 shifts per week and 2 out of 4 weekends.
Applicants are invited to forward their resume using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.