Other Opportunities: Dietitian - Casual
|Posted||Monday, December 2nd, 2019 at 11:55am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Dietitian - Casual|
|Pay||as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement|
|Application Deadline||Friday, December 20th, 2019 at 12:00am|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Program Director for Allied Health, the clinical dietitian will enact full scope of practice in the delivery of dietetic services that promote patient safety, quality, and patient centred care in accordance with patient/client needs and in line with established organizational standards, policies and procedures.
• Registered Dietitian with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
• Two to three years of experience in an acute care hospital setting required
• Certified Diabetes Educator preferred, and/or demonstrated competency in diabetes management
• Demonstrated competency in dysphagia management and able to perform bedside swallowing assessments, with evaluation by Speech Language Pathologist at NHH
• Demonstrated competency in Critical Care Nutrition required
• Assess the nutritional status of inpatients; provide consultation to outpatients when urgent nutritional care is required; develop and implement nutrition care plans; evaluate the effectiveness of nutrition interventions through patient observation, review of relevant labwork, and discussion with the patient or interdisciplinary team; adjust care plans as required.
• Counsel and educate patients, utilizing clinical information obtained from patient, family members, healthcare team, and patient chart
• Act as a resource to provide nutrition education to chemotherapy outpatients as needed
• Provide consultation to inpatients with diabetes as needed; seek opportunities to promote best practices in diabetes care at NHH
• Collaborate in the provision of parenteral nutrition (TPN) for hospital inpatients
• Participate as a member of the interprofessional dysphagia management team
• Maintain records as required by the Hospital and The College of Dietitians of Ontario
• Participate in interprofessional patient care rounds throughout the hospital
• Participate in the development and review of clinical practice guidelines, clinical pathways, pre-printed order sets, and medical directives
• Develop nutrition education materials and contribute to other quality initiatives including program and departmental strategic planning
• Act as a resource to members of the interprofessional team in the provision of nutrition and diet information; provides education to the team as required
• Act as a resource to Nutrition Services staff; support departmental guidelines for food selection and menu modification; participate in Nutrition Services initiatives such as menu revisions, enteral contracts and nutrition audits
• Participate in nutrition-related research projects; serve as a preceptor for students or dietetic interns
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Lifting of up to 25 lbs is required. Ability to hear and speak clearly for communication with patients; visual acuity is required for patient assessment and computer work; Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities may be required
Applicants wishing to apply for the above position must complete the form “application for posting” and deliver it to the Human Resources department, no later than: December 9, 2019 @ 1600 hours.
Applicants are invited to forward their resume by Friday, December 20th, 2019 using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.