Other Opportunities: Physiotherapist (Temporary Full-time)
|Posted||Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 at 10:24am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Physiotherapist (Temporary Full-time)|
|Term||Temporary Full Time (to start December 2019)|
|Pay||as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement|
|Application Deadline||Friday, November 15th, 2019 at 12:00am|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Physiotherapist will manage a specific caseload, planning, developing and providing individual physiotherapy programs for patients who are in the hospital. This will involve assessing and setting goals based on the patient’s demonstrated need. The Physiotherapist must be able to fulfill a multi-dimensional role of clinician, consultant, and educator of patient care.
• Masters degree from a recognized university program of Physiotherapy.
• Licensed to practice with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
• Demonstrates the knowledge of principles, practices, and professional standards of Physiotherapy.
• Minimum 3 years experience in Rehabilitation, Restorative Care or Acute Care.
• Past experience in gerontology and working with individuals with cognitive impairments preferred.
• Full member of CPA.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Able to work in an active, rapidly changing stressful environment with multiple demands.
• Ability to make decisions and prioritize effectively.
• Must have sufficient physical endurance to deal with the job requirements.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods with repetitive bending.
• Must have the required manual accuracy for safe and effective handling of patients and equipment.
• Must be available to work 7 days a week on a flexible schedule to cover some vacation relief and regular weekends.
Term: Temporary Full-time
Start Date: December 2019
Length of Assignment: 12 - 18 months
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume by November 15, 2019.
Applicants are invited to forward their resume by Friday, November 15th, 2019 using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.