Other Opportunities: Information Technology Summer Student
|Posted||Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 at 9:07am|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Information Technology Summer Student|
|Pay||to be negotiated|
|Application Deadline||Monday, June 17th, 2019 at 12:00am|
The Northumberland Hills Hospital, located in Cobourg is looking for a summer student to help support our Information Technology department.
Reporting to the Director Information Technology, the IT Support Technician will be responsible for:
Installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting a wide range of desktop hardware and software applications
Managing Helpdesk Calls and Support system; re-directing based on priority and skill set.
- Applicants must be at least a 3rd year student in an Information Technology program at a University level
- Knowledge with troubleshooting printer, scanners and various other peripherals
- Knowledge with troubleshooting and supporting mobile devices (Apple & Android)
- Knowledge with Microsoft Exchange
- Strong working knowledge of MS office.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Team leadership skills
Physical Effort and Other Requirements:
- Lifting up to 25 kgs.
- Follows safe and healthy works practices and maintain a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established reporting mechanisms for injuries, illness and hazards, and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures.
- This position can involve working unusual hours and travel may be required occasionally.
Terms of Employment:
This is a summer student position which will end no later than August 30th, 2019 and will be 2-3 days per week Monday to Friday with flexibility in days. All third year tech Information Technology students are welcome to apply!
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume by June 17, 2019 to:
Northumberland Hills Hospital
1000 DePalma Dr.
Cobourg, ON K9A 5W6
Applicants are invited to forward their resume by Monday, June 17th, 2019 using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.