Other Opportunities: Admitting and Registration Clerk (part-time)
|Posted||Tuesday, June 11th, 2019 at 12:19pm|
|Scope||Public Applications Accepted|
|Position||Admitting and Registration Clerk (part-time)|
|Department||Admitting and Registration Clerk|
|Pay||as per the CUPE collective Agreement|
|Application Deadline||Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 at 12:00am|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Knowledgeable and supportive of department goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures of the department, the Registration/Communication Clerk is responsible for: performing a variety of related patient information duties in an accurate and timely fashion, under minimal supervision, to assist health care providers in the delivery of quality patient care. Responsibility also encompasses effective communication, which includes all switchboard functions and paging. Public reception is also a vital part of this position. Must be able to work under stressful situations; however, in a courteous and accommodating manner and pleasant voice.
- Operates all features of the Meridian 11 Communication System
- Receives all incoming telephone calls and places long distance calls for patients, physicians and staff.
- Operates Paging System – general announcements, paging personnel and codes
- Co-ordinates the telecommunication during operation of Fire Plan, Disaster Plan
- Performs ADT (Admission, Discharge, Transfer) functions and operates the printers and emboss machine.
- Ensures patient designation for Day Surgery and Out-patient visits is entered into the computer
- Performs the pre-registration process for booked surgical day surgery, out-patient clinic visits and in-patients
- Keeps the physician-on-call list current
- Balances the daily, weekly and monthly Ministry ofHealth (MOH) Census Summary Report in conjunction with the business office
- Runs daily and weekly computer reports, as required e.g. admission, discharge, transfer, bed census, religion and physician’s admission lists
- Maintains and safeguards confidentiality of all patient information
- Performs departmental Quality Assurance activities
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Manager
- Preference will be given to applicants with one year egistration experience
Graduate of a community college Medical Secretarial Program/Medical Office Assistant Program, Medical Terminology Course or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
Excellent interpersonal skills are a must, along with a high level of communication skills.
Excellent keyboarding and current computer skills; capable of coping with the pressures of a variable workload.
Follows safe and healthy work practices and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established mechanisms for injuries and hazards and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures.
Intersted applicants are invited to forward their resume by June 18, 2019 through the website.
Applicants are invited to forward their resume by Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 using one of the methods below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Northumberland Hills Hospital.